If you are look for business attire, buying mens clothing takes a bit of planning. From mens suits to dress shirts, you have to know when and where to shop, to get the best value and quality for your money.
Here are some tips to make your shopping easy and successful.
1. Scheduling: Give yourself enough time to shop in a relax manner. When you are in a rush, you are more likely to make a shopping mistake. Avoid shopping when you are exhausted emotionally or physically. Have a good breakfast or lunch before you shop, and factor in breaks to refresh. Shopping doesn't have to be an exhausting marathon.
2. Look for quality: Think about long-term wear, or amortization. If you need a suit for work, invest in high-caliber fabrics and suits that are well made. You'll get years of wear, and always look sharp. The initial sticker-shock will turn into a better investment than a cheaper suit that doesn't wear well, and gets thrown out sooner.
3. Know your power colors: Power colors are the rich, deep shades that project a powerful business image. They include black, charcoal grey and navy. Decide which of these colors is the best neutral for your business garments. This reduces the number of shoe and accessory colors you'll need to present a powerful image.
4. Get expert help: Look for an upscale men's store that gives personal service. Even if you don't buy anything there at first, you'll get a feel for what a quality suit looks like, and how it fits you. You may be able to start with one good item, such as a shirt or tie. When you have more money to spend, you can return for other wardrobe elements.
5. Look the part: If you are looking for a suit, dress as well as you can. You don't need to wear a suit, but wear a crisp shirt and pants. Wear the shoes you will be wearing with the suit. This gives the sales people a chance to observe your personal style and taste, so they can help you select the right items for your business wardrobe.
6. Be courteous: When someone spends time helping you put together a business wardrobe, thank them for their time and excellent service. You are more likely to get top-notch service the next time you shop there.
7. Be loyal: If you find a great sales person in a store or department that has good quality business clothes, get their business card or name so you can return. Send your friends there as well. You'll develop a relationship that will make it easier to shop quickly, and get exactly what you want. It takes the pain out of shopping!
Do you know the biggest business image mistakes? Find out with these free reports:
7 Business Casual Crimes and How to Solve Them, and 13 Foods that Can Sabotage a Business Meal, when you sign up for my Communication Capsules Ezine at: http://www.Impressforsuccess.com/signup.html
From Lynda Goldman, author of 30 books including How to Make a Million Dollar First Impression
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Lynda_Goldman